DON'T KEEP THEM AWAY



Luke  18:15 And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.  18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

It was a Tuesday services, Bible study precisely. As I was going, my little brother asked me " are you going to church", yes; I replied. I want to follow you...he said. I looked at him and his dressing. Go and go change your shoe wear, I said. I don't have... after some admonishing, I allowed him to follow me. Though it is my desire that they follow me, but sometimes they stay behind.

Off we are to church, not up to 5-minutes, he sat quietly looking at the demonstration. Then, something pop a question in my heart.

" Do you know, they are listening and the word is driven to their heart, even though they are not yet wise to understand it"



It is true, while I was a child. I remember some years ago, mom took me and my siblings to Reinhard Bonnke Crusade in Nigeria. Then I can't understand things, but I can tell you few things I cannot forget. One of them is free Bible we say on the chair.. It was amazing. Apart from that, so many prayer meetings.

I believe the Lord is speaking to a parent, LET THEM COME TO NE.

You don't know the investment you are making in them, later in life they will come to the blessing of it. I thank God for my parents, mom has been a blessing. Though she may not know then, but I can testify to the blessing, afterwards. By bringing them to Christ, their destiny is been empowered. Most times parenting leave their children to the control of 21st century technological breakthrough. When they grow up, they will either thank you or curse you for how you train them. God has left the responsibility of training to the parents, He says; train them in the way they should go, and when they are old they won't depart from it". The question is, what type of way are we channeling their lives? Because when they grow they won't depart from it. It is necessary we train them in the way of the Lord. Trials of life will surely come, most times parents won't be there to fight for them. It will remain them and their relationship with God. First thing, let them come to Jesus.

Take time to build them up in Christ while they are still young, it is an everlasting investment. Jesus said: 

Luke  10:42  But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Blessed?
Do... Share.

Post a Comment

0 Comments