Men God Use ²



Isaiah  6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Men God uses aren't Men who are perfect, but those whom God has perfected. It isn't about the message, but the messenger. The process of being used of God, follows due process right from the old times. From the encounter of prophet Isaiah with God in Isaiah 6 gives us some criteria and clue as to being called of God. There are certain things God consider in a man before choosing him.

These great men of God didn't just jump out to the blue, they are backed up by God, for as much they're called of Him. Before God can use any man we must not forget that " Be ye Holy, as I am Holy". To take your cross and follow Jesus is all about submission and surrendering to His rule. Learning and walking in the lifestyle of His Kingdom. Every vessel called of God has this badge of "Holiness" that makes them distinguished from the devil sent. For every calling there's a need God want to meet somewhere, anywhere.

Let's look at the process of being use by God from the life of prophet Isaiah.

1. The process of cleansing.

Isaiah  6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

The Holiness of God didn't give room for prophet Isaiah to hide his sins. He voiced out. The same thing happened to Adam and Eve, they Holiness of God condemned their sinful state, "Adam where art thou"?
Adam replied..

"Genesis  3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself."

Holy is the Lord, He desist unclean vessel. The first step to higher calling of God is repentance or you can say being born again. You can't accommodate the kingdom of God is an unholy environ(your heart). Because the work of the ministry is all about God. Let a man who desire to be used of God, first cleanse himself. Being born again give you access to relate with God as Jesus does and to understand the person of God which things ensures your root in Christ. When you are Born again, you see like God, think like God, and understand spiritual things as proper.



Isaiah  6:6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:  6:7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

The lip that will proclaim the message must be disciplined to suit the procedure of the kingdom.

2. Hearing and responding to the call.

Isaiah  6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

It is one thing to have the calling, it is another thing to identify and respond to God's call. "I heard"; you must hear it. This differentiate those who rush out just because a gift is manifesting and those who God as prepared. As a child of God you have the privilege of hearing God, and as you grow spiritually you will learn to discern whose voice is this, this will help you in accepting the calling of which you'd recognized the caller. Accepting God's call.

3. The process of willingness

"Here am I, send me"

You must be willing. God won't force you. Everything that attracts blessing are those done from a willing mind. You must be Willing to accept the task. One is to hear the call another is to accept it. Jonah heard he ran away. Elisha heard he responded. The disciples heard they willing followed. Remember, it's all about God. Just surrender.

Mark  10:28  Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.  

Mark  10:29  And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,

These men were king in their empire yet they choose to let go of pride and follow the Son of man. Matthew a tax collector. Peter and few a fishermen. They had ventures but they choose to respond to the heavenly call.

4. The Message.

Isaiah  6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.  

6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Every man called of God has a message, it is what differentiate you from others, yet we are one in Christ. A man with message don't make noise they make advancement for God's kingdom. They have a direction. They are not distorted of vision. They understand what God wants- a mandate. A prove text of a man's calling is the genuineness of his message. It is different from worldly tonation. The Pharisees noticed "that The authority of word isn't like them cos it carries power."


So far, we've been made to understand the scope of the calling. A man whose character is contrary to the scripture is questionable. That's why the Bible says" you will know then by their fruits". We can't put aside the cruciality of being born again when it comes to the use of God. A new bottle for a new wine.

You do well to desire God to use you, but count the cost of the requirements.

Blessed?
Share.

Post a Comment

0 Comments