Waiting For The Pay





A passion to the end...

I started my career as a blogger in 2018 with a passion for sharing the word of God. I met a web developer who told me to get an amount of money before he could help me develop the blog. I asked him for a discount till he agreed to the negotiated amount. (At that time, I didn't have the "negotiated" amount with me). The web developer told me there were few "christian bloggers" in Nigeria which could be a good set up for me.

Due to this passion which was my driving force, I met someone via Facebook. Mr Edet mentored me on how to run a blog. My first post was on June 29, 2018 and today, I have audiences from different walks of life. (All Glory to God).

Since then, I've helped people to develop their blog, even people from foreign countries. While coaching people on how to run and manage their blogs, I ask them questions. These questions ranges from asking if it's a long or short term project or if they have passion for what they do. These questions are asked because from observation, it is deduced that many people just want to make money. If the motive of making money comes first when creating a blog, the project might be short-lived because it might take a while before getting paid. But if passion comes first, you'd be happy with the little reward you get from it which might not be in terms of money but by impacting lives.

Since 2018 till now, I've enjoyed "incomes" than what AdSense can pay in a month. And if you're running a site that is dedicated to the Gospel, you'd be patient to have your reward. God is the ultimate rewarder of men. Beyond what Men can pay you or even AdSense, He'd pay more. If you do anything for the sake of the gospel, He'd definitely reward you.

Instead of waiting for an earthly pay, wait for God to pay you. He knows the value of your labor. He knows your passion for His work and how you'd go lengths to make sure He is seen and heard. He's the Great Rewarder. Know that men's system of reward is not same with God's measurements!

Keep Labouring!

Glory to God!


Post a Comment

2 Comments

Gospeland said…
Hmmmm...
Well done sir
God bless you more sir

May we not labour in vain